Monday, July 09, 2007
gone campin'
We've been gone for the last 6 days! We were invited to go to Pokagon State Park in Indiana with Seth and Anitra and family. We had a good time in nature for a few days! What more could an American family want?
*sleeping under the stars (okay, well not exactly. we were inside a trailer. with air conditioning)
*cooking over the open fire (thanks seth)
*riding our bikes on the beautiful trails (kids riding in our new bike trailer)
*visiting the nature center and seeing all the wild animals
*doing crafts in the craft room
*making sandcastles on the beach
*showering in the moldy stinky dirty showers with barely a curtain to cover me that had alternating boiling hot and cold water
*and then going to the hotel room at the Potowatomi Inn that Aunt Laura slept in (thanks!) and bathing the children and later catching showers ourselves (ahh, luxury)
*barely sitting down as we chase an 18 month old all over the campground site trying to save him from the dangers he so eagerly seeks out
*catching fireflies with two giggling little girls at dusk
*finally relaxing and eating yummy gooey delicious s'mores
Thanks Seth, Anitra and the rest of the family for letting us crash your family vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Brenda!
I was laughing at the monkey picture too! Oh my - fun times. It was so nice to have you guys there with us!! I have A TON of pictures to send you. I think I will just make a disc and send to you! I got some really good ones of both kids and really good ones of you and Berry (he he) too! :)
Post a Comment