Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sawyer went pee in the Potty!!!!

I can't believe this. I was going to the bathroom (sorry, tmi) and Sawyer came in. He started tugging at his shorts and diaper. He has been doing this A LOT. It was hard to keep his diaper on him this summer. A few times I even put him in the thick undies for training when I was tired of putting his diaper back on. I have been wondering if he's ready for training or not because he seems so young. Sydney wasn't trained until a little over 2 1/2. I brought the potty up this summer to get him used to seeing it. He has sat on it quite a bit for short periods of time.
Well, anyway back to my story. So, he was tugging at his shorts. I thought, "here we go again". But, I decided to humor him and let him try it out. Would you believe that a second after he sat down he peed? And not just a little. He really went. I just can' t get over this one. I wonder if it was just luck or if I should buy some pull ups and work with him?
I was super excited and gave him some cheers. Yah!


*Oh and can you see that his thumb is unwrapped? He had another doc. check-up yesterday. Dr. told me that I can leave it unwrapped now. I feel leery of this because the stitches stick out in different directions and I am afraid they will catch on something. But, I am following dr. orders. I did wrap it last night with some neosporin on it. Thanks for all of your prayers. He is doing so well! We are still hoping for a nail!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! He is too stinkin' cute!!! I can she he is holding his precious little thumb gingerly! I'm sure he will continue to heal and go potty ~ all at the same time! Yea!! No more diapers . . . soon! Sooo very cute!! :) Kiss him for me! (Sydney, too!) xoxo Love, Kim

Julia said...

he is SO cute!! What a good boy, going potty!

Addi said...

Yeah for Sawyer!! And that smile...he looks so happy to be on the potty! :)