Sunday, September 30, 2007

this is what fall looks like at our house...

This weekend I finished putting all our fall decorations around the house. I enjoy fall decorations the most out of all the seasons! I think even more than Christmas decorations (gasp!). There are many reasons why. They give such a homey (is this a word?) feel to the house. The leaves, pumpkins, apples, gourds and mums are so lovely. And, the fall quilts make the living room appear warm and cozy (thanks mom jones!). I also find the orange, red, green, and brown colors of fall very striking. These are just a few reasons that I adore fall!

***after rereading this, i feel that i must explain that i consulted the thesaurus for some of my words. before using the thesaurus nearly every sentence had the word "love" in it. i also tried to not use the word nice or pretty. this is the writing teacher in me coming out. :) but, doesn't it sound a little, well, strange? I don't think i have used the word "lovely" to describe anything lately. until now. hee hee

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

I miss brendiej!

Your edit explains a lot. :) You're so funny! I can picture you,as a student,finishing up your fall report to your class with your last sentence..."and these are just a few reasons that I adore fall!"

I love your pictures btw. Where did you get that Welcome pumpkin. So cute!

KDV said...

How beautiful!! I want to be just like you when I grow up! I'm sure your house looks 'lovely'! I always knew you were an amazing girl!! (And what a terrific writing teacher!)

brenda said...

Jenny,
I miss you too!!! It's been too long.

The cute pumpkin is from Hallmark. They had a few sizes and styles. I just had to have it. :)