Tuesday, June 17, 2008

jammin', jammin, strawberry jammin'

Yay! The strawberries are ripe and ready for picking! Fresh strawberries...there's nothing like them. (Well, maybe...blueberries, peaches, cherries, etc. ) Don't you just love summer? We didn't actually pick the berries, but we bought them from a farm stand where they pick them themselves. For some reason, U-Pick strawberries are hard to find here. Anyway, we picked them up and headed on over to Tonya and Molly's house. Sydney and Molly helped mash and then went off to play. Aren't they SO CUTE together? They have a lot of fun and play very nicely with one another.

Molly enjoying the berries! Isn't she adorable?

The finished product. This was my first time making jam and it was as easy as everyone says it is. It was very enjoyable and I had a wonderful and relaxing time! Tonya and I had a lot of time to talk as we sat down to yummy chicken salads and while we worked side by side making our jam. It is so refreshing to get together with friends and chatting about our lives which have strong similarities such as teaching, BSF, kids, marriage, and God. I always come away from spending time with Tonya encouraged, at ease, and refreshed! And this time I have jam too!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Is Molly Tonya's oldest girl? I can't remember.

brenda said...

Molly turned 5 in May and will be in kindergarten. Jayna, the oldest, will be in 3rd grade this coming year.

Hi, I'm Jenny said...

I'm liking the changes to you've made around here. And I LLLOVE your apron links. I love aprons! Something quite nostalgic about them. Funny! Since I'm currently wearing a Marvin the Martian one. Oiy!