Sydney is enjoying kindergarten and has been learning a lot! It is exciting to see her growing. Some things that she is saying or talking about:
Text-to-text connection (wow! yay!)
Quotation Marks - She pointed these out to me while we were reading a book. She corrected me after I named them "talking marks". I wasn't sure that she'd know the word "quotation marks". She knows what they are called better than my third graders since they still forget the word quotiation marks and call them talking marks. :) She also informed me that my voice must change when I see them in the text. (I love it!)
Is- She picked this word out in the story too. We've been working on her sight words which are is, the, can, are-and more that I can't remember right now. It's exciting to see her reading words that she's learned in class as we read at home.
Songs-I love to hear her sing all of the songs that she is learning at school. One of them that sticks out to me is a song that taught them how to spell the letter orange.
***edited...thanks to Kim who pointed out that I wrote parenthesis instead of quotation marks. I must have been really out of it when i wrote this last night. I kept thinking that something didn't sound quite right, but couldn't figure out what. oh my. And I teach language arts!

No comments:
Post a Comment