Sunday, July 19, 2009

charleston day...

A visit to the Aquarium.
We went to the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston. We had visited the aquarium the last time we were there, but the girls were all only 2 and 1. This time they enjoyed it more, while Sawyer struggled about halfway through to keep attention on the fish and wildlife. The highlight for Sawyer was the boat that was set up where they could pretend that they were fishermen. Sawyer took ahold of the walkie-talkie and kept saying over and over, "I'm on my way!". He had a great time doing that and could have been there all afternoon.

We then went out to lunch at Hyman's Seafood/Aaron's Deli. We, Anitra, Jen, and I, had found this place on our girls day out in Charleston on our previous trip to Seabrook. This time we sat at a table where John McCain, Mel Gibson, and Dr. Ruth had sat. I can't remember who sat at the Hoke's table. We enjoyed the food and of course the refreshing and oh, so delicious iced tea. I normally like unsweet tea, but at Hyman's I have to order the sweet tea. It seems extra special there! :) I guess when you are in the south, some things just taste better than they normally do!



One of our goals this year was to find Rainbow Row. We had attempted to find it last time, and thought we had, only to find out later that we were mistaken. This time, we had the address and a garmin, so we were sure to find it! Then, after that we made a wrong turn and found the Battery. I just love the colors, patterns, and homes in Charleston! Rainbow Row is in the top, left picture. All the homes are a different color. The homes on the bottom are from the Battery. Well, at least I am pretty sure they were along the Battery! :) Someday when we go back, I'd like to spend more time in Charleston. Too bad we are usually in Seabrook in the dead of summer, in the July heat which makes it a little uncomfortable to walk around!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannan Martin said...

Charleston is SO beautiful! Our hotel was very close to Hymans, but we never did eat there. There was always a long line and too many other great options! Looks like you guys are having a great time. Viva the South! :)