Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mackinac Island

Barry and I got away for a few days this week to Mackinac Island. Our 10 year anniversary was at the end of May and we didn' t have the chance to get away then. We decided to plan the trip for August which has been a calmer time for us. We were slow at making our reservations, which meant that we didn' t find a room at one of the bed and breakfasts that we really wanted to stay at. We ended up deciding on the Harbour View. It was not a b&b, more like a small hotel.



On the first day, we arrived on the Island around 2. We checked into our room and sat out on the porch and just relaxed. After a little while, we ventured out toward town and went walking around checking out the stores, shops, and views. We've been to Mackinac Island on numerous occasions, so we pretty much know our way around. We bought some fudge (YUM) and I had my camera with me, but I didn't take a single picture! I would later regret this! After that we went back to the room and took a little nap before heading back out for dinner. We ended up eating at the Pink Pony, which was yummy and relaxing. We greatly enjoyed their brushetta. This was our view from the Pink Pony:

On our way back to the hotel, we stopped for Starbucks. How did Starbucks end up on Mackinac Island? No other store or restaurant is a chain! So, we each bought a coffee and then headed back to the room to have fudge for dessert. While on the way, Barry stopped us at the marina (shown above) and we sat down. He then pulled this box out of his pocket! I was so suprised! I didn' t expect a gift at all! I love small boxes, don't you? I couldn't wait to see what was inside. He bought me a beaded bracelet by Chamilia. I love it. The beads he chose for me have our kids birthstones on it (one for all 3 of them), family and mother beads, a beach umbrella/chair bead, and then a fish bead.

That was the end of our first day. It was so nice to just be by ourselves, relaxing, and enjoying one another's company on Mackinac Island.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: