These balls of goodness have been a part of my Halloween for as long as I can remember. My grandma made them. My mom made them. Grandma would always color them orange. Mom would make a batch, and as we would head into the city for some trick or treating, she'd stick them in a bowl on our country porch for trick or treaters to take.
It's not Halloween if there isn't a bowl of them sitting around. They make me think of Grandma Little and all of those times she made them for us. I love passing this tradition on and this year Sydney noticed. She asked me why I always make them at Halloween. I told her about my grandma making them. And my mom's bowl on the porch. They are just popcorn balls, but that moment...the sharing of family, cooking, and traditions, was a highlight.
No comments:
Post a Comment