Monday, August 27, 2007
Back to school...
Well, we officially started back today! We had a half day with kids, half day working in our rooms, and then we had 0pen house tonight. It was a LONG day! I am so glad I go back to only half days starting tomorrow. Last week I worked two full days and one half day. I have had a harder time getting into the swing of things and being emotionally ready for the start of school. Maybe it was the busy summer. Or the accident last week that drained me. Something has caused me to have an extra hard start to the school year. I have noticed the kids have been excited to have grandma come. That definitely helps. I feel so blessed to have her take care of the kids day in and day out for another year.
Next year Sydney is off to kindergarten herself. Hard to believe. She is super excited about school and has enjoyed time at her desk writing and drawing. As you can see she has almost mastered her name. The "n" is almost always written backwards, but she (mostly) writes the rest well. We are proud of her. We set up an area in her room for our "school time" and I bought a couple books from the teacher store to give me some ideas on working with her. We'll see how it goes. I will be chasing Sawyer around while working with her. I am not sure how it will work! He wants to be involved and sit at the desk and play with the markers, etc. I think we will have to buy him a desk of his own for his birthday. Anyway, it will be nice to have her home one more year before her official schooling begins. I am wondering what Sawyer will think about his big sis being gone. It has never been just him...I wonder if he will be bored? Well, that is a while off and I don't want to think of it much more!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice work, Syd!
Post a Comment